Making initial decisions regarding a merger or an acquisition can often seemingly occur quickly and unexpectedly and create times of considerable stress and anxiety.
Many governors are unfamiliar with the process and yet are expected to not only manage, but lead, schools in a smooth transitional period and achieve a satisfactory outcome for parents, staff and the children whose education depends on their skills and commitment to achieving the very best outcome.
Our specialist consultants are here to advise and manage the process with governors and SLTs.
Aspire brings together a strong, specialist team required for School Mergers and Acquisitions – legal, financial, tax, education and property; the skills, experience and knowledge that governors need to support them in this challenging process.
Our practical, bespoke approach offers a range of necessary skills, including:
Advice & management
- Identify the opportunity and potential synergy
- Establish the framework for M & A decision-making
- Assess the financial implications and valuation of proposed merger or acquisition
- Conduct thorough due diligence and ensure legal frameworks are upheld
- Manage diverse stakeholders and cultures throughout the process
- Conduct negotiations with skill, knowledge and experience
- Achieve successful integration.
Support & guidance
- Ensure consistent and collaborative governance and leadership throughout
- Advise governors and senior leadership throughout, including:
- leading and managing the process
- providing practical support & effective communication to parents & staff
- ensuring consistency of approach to all stakeholders
- establishing the executive panel responsible for managing the process
- ensuring integration and collaboration, human, cultural and structural across campuses